Do you long for the days when your breasts held a perky and youthful appearance without the help of your bra? There are many factors that contribute to the downward descent of the breasts, including pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight fluctuations. Fortunately, a solution exists in breast lift. Also known as mastopexy, breast lift addresses breast sag (ptosis) by reshaping and elevating the breasts to a higher and more younger-looking position on the chest wall.
In breast surgery, there is no substitute for experience. Drs. Mark A. Foglietti and Alanna Foglietti Fostyk have performed hundreds of breast lift operations. They combine their technical expertise with up-to-date technologies and an artistic sense to deliver consistently beautiful and natural-looking results. If you’re embarrassed about saggy, shapeless breasts, Foglietti Fostyk Plastic Surgery invites you to learn how mastopexy can lift your breasts —and your self-confidence!
Am I a Candidate for Breast Lift?
You may benefit from breast lift if you:
- Are bothered or embarrassed by sagging breasts
- Have downward pointing nipples or if they sit below the natural breast crease line
- Have asymmetrical breasts
- Have overly large or stretched out areolas
- Have reasonable expectations for what can be achieved with breast lift
- Are aware of the potential risk of surgery
- Are in good general health
Breast lift is performed as an outpatient procedure, generally under general anesthesia. There are three main incision techniques that can be used during breast lift, depending on your skin quality and aesthetic goals:
- Periareolar incision: made around the outer perimeter of the areola
- Vertical or lollipop incision: made around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease
- Anchor-shaped incision: uses the periareolar and lollipop incisions as well as a third incision that extends horizontally underneath the natural breast crease
Once the incisions are made, the surgeon will lift and reshape the underlying tissues, improving the breast contour. Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is re-draped over the re-sculpted breast. The nipple and areola are repositioned higher on the breast mound for a more natural-looking appearance. Once all of the agreed-upon modifications are made, the surgeon will close the incisions with sutures and dress the breasts with soft bandages and a surgical bra.
Do I Need Implants, Too?
If, in addition to lifted breasts, you desire more fullness and cleavage, you may be a suitable candidate for breast lift with implants. Our surgeons can place silicone gel or saline implants to boost the size and shape of your breasts while improving their position on the chest wall. If you desire smaller breasts, liposuction can be performed during breast lift to remove excess tissue and fat. Our surgeons will discuss all of your breast enhancement options in detail with you to help you choose the best treatment plan.
Perky, youthful breasts are possible again with breast lift. To learn more about the procedure or the other breast enhancement procedures Foglietti Fostyk Plastic Surgery offers, schedule a personal consultation. Call (216) 292-6800 or email our Cleveland office today.